Thread: Ranked Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranked Games

High level games can be really tough, both sides. Zealot and Probe.

So a potential idea that can contribute to some players wanting more points, rank changes, and just for higher intense games.

RANKED GAMES!

How it will work:
    A moderator uses a command in beginning of game (something simple -rank would suffice). This turns the game into a ranked game.

What will make ranked different?
    Ranked will record separate data for just ranked games, simply put your ranked games will be recorded both for your regular bank file and also separate section for ranked games.

How will games be recorded in this scenario?
    Well it will be a lot harsher as wins/losses go.
    What you need to win?
    Live till the end, probe spirit no longer counts as a win [Possibly still gains points but for ranked stats its a lose]
    Hunter will count as a win for zealot and increase your zealot stats.

What will be different about ranked? Only 1 hunter allowed in ranked games, but is available at start for 1 player to pick after zealot is selected.

How are points awarded?
    Points are not looked at by rank of player, this game considers everyone on a even playing field (this normally would mean 100 points) Instead this will give 300 points for wins on each side. Lose 300 points if you lose. 150 for probe spirits (still counts as a loss)

Ranks-Ranked games will help you achieve a ranking based on your win percentage after 10 games (meaning you won't be ranked until then/this means both sides)

Probe-
    100%-Grand Master
    >90%-Master
    >80%-Diamond
    >70%-Platinum
    >60%-Gold
    >50%-Silver
    <50%-Bronze
    Zealot-
    >85%-Grand Master
    >75%-Master
    >65%-Diamond
    >55%-Gold
    >35%-Silver
    <35%-Bronze
    Firebringer Aka Bringer of Fire.

PvZ Staff Member
    Mafia Staff Member

Top 10 Zealots in the world.
    Worst Probe in North America.

Member of PVZ50

Officer of PvZNA

In Game Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's a good idea but it means we have to be with a mod, there a plenty of nights when im on and never see a single mod in game. I think we need to make a couple more ppl mods that are online in both regions at certain times. currently most mods are all on at the same time which leaves a lot of time without them which I get stuck with being on for a lot of that time frame each night due to time zones.

In-game Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it. Make this happen, with one caveat:

Instead of it being Mod-dependent, have it as a pregame option before picking the map.

4. Likes xXDerpXxx liked this post
    Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm I am on the fence about this. Let me get back to you with a few suggest tweaks to this. Basically when I am not on a train to work or a break in work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's a good idea but it means we have to be with a mod, there a plenty of nights when im on and never see a single mod in game.
    I think moderators should judge whether a particular lobby is ranked material. Meaning if they are good enough to play a ranked game. The idea isn't mean for the lower levels of players, its more meant for groups predominantly with higher level players, we could institute a vote option only available to say players s-10 or higher but that doesn't seem necessary.

Instead of it being Mod-dependent, have it as a pregame option before picking the map.
    I don't want players to have normal option of picking ranked unless they are good, otherwise is skews the meaning of ranked games to begin with imo.

Thats why I thought let moderators be the judge whether a game is rank worthy or not.
    Firebringer Aka Bringer of Fire.

PvZ Staff Member
    Mafia Staff Member

Top 10 Zealots in the world.
    Worst Probe in North America.

Member of PVZ50

Officer of PvZNA

Veteran Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeziel View Post

I like this. I do think a lot of people in the lobby may just pick it for fun so maybe certain ranks choose? I'm not sure. This idea from Fire is once again out there but not impossible.

I'm all for something that displays skill instead of experience. It'd also help with competition so more people care whether their team looses or wins. But if this goes through the player needs a certain amount of games played to have a rank. Winning one game shouldn't grant the title "Grand Master".

-Chill/Lavi

In-game Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
    Thats why I thought let moderators be the judge whether a game is rank worthy or not.
    In lieu of moderators (because there's only halfish a dozen), maybe we could get Rohime to add a rank of non-Moderator All Star players that have been with the community for a while, are high level/rank in game, and aren't assholes.

And the only thing that differentiates this rank from the plebes is the ability to start a vote to switch the game to a Ranked deal.

Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so now to be a bit more specific on my thoughts for this. So my impression is that you want to create a ranking that reflects win rate and skill better then the current ranking system and have it be similar to league rankings.

So first off I agree it should not be something that can be activated by a mod. I think it should be something were the cumulative rank of the probes exceeds a certain amount and the zealot is above a certain level. While the rank has only limited validity it still accurate enough to determine that. Also there should be a checked option or command which should be activate for a individual on whether they want to play a ranked game or not.

So how I would do it. There is a icon in front on a persons that is either bronze, silver,gold, plat, diamond, masters, Grand masters. Also in front of a persons name when you open the player tab. Ranked games would only be relevant for getting ranks higher then plat. For ranked game you must have a zealot rank s or higher and the cumulative lobby must be s-10 or higher excluding the best and worst ranked probe.

Probes
    Bronze: starting rank
    Silver: win at least 15 games win rate over 50%.
    Good: win at least 30 games win rate over 60%
    Plat: win at least 50 games win rate over 70%
    Diamond: win 10 ranked games win rate in ranked games over 60%
    Master:win 30 ranked games win rate in ranked games over 75%
    Grandmasters: top 5 active players rank will be granted by Rohime updated every 3 months. Stats must be posted gumpstats so players can determine ranked wins and loses to figure out who performed the best in the past 3 months.

Zealot will get back to you on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't a bad idea. I will admit that, but 1 thing.

I honestly think that Moderator has enough power. This should be a pregame option just like what Veziel said.