Thread: SXD gem requirements change...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like

SXD gem requirements change...?

Hello,

I understand, that this game is about randomness. But there is random and RANDOM. Especially SXD gem is extreme RANDOM. I saw Amateurs and beginners with SXD gem, but as well as saw TheOneII without it angry they cannot get it. I am TheOneI with 222 stars currently and ofc I cannot get it too. This gem is just too big gamechanger and its too random to get it.

My suggestion is like this: Change requirements from current to (examples) - X is random number like 5 or 10 or so:

1) Create during one game X units of same kind (like 10 marines) with SXD rank and own them simultaneously.

2) Create during one game X units with SXD rank until end of round 70.

3) Create during one game X Hell or better units with SXD rank.

4) Make one unit SXD by resetting its rank X times during one game.

I don't want SXD for free, just want to make player more involved in getting it, like in case of Artifact gem.

Main reason, why I am writing this is, that I remember how I get Easy Rank gem (it was on TheOneI already). I was almost crazy to get at least this one. And if I remember well, from time I get ERG, it never happened again, that I had XD or better 2 times in a row. Just once during my all career. Even when i am constantly trying to get SXD gem. When I imagine, I should get 2 times SXD...

2. Likes Anonymous liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    6 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats a good suggestion but i think it would be so easy to get SXD gem.

2) round 40 would be more interesting.
    4) 15 times would be fine.

1) and 4) looks like almost the same imo.
    The One II lvl 59 [EU]

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolalive View Post
    thats a good suggestion but i think it would be so easy to get SXD gem.

2) round 40 would be more interesting.
    4) 15 times would be fine.

1) and 4) looks like almost the same imo.
    Not exactly...

Ad 2) - it depends on X. if X is for example 10, it would be maybe more impossible than now. if X is 2, it would be too easy. So it doesn't really depends on round, but about X.

1) and 4) aren't same - again it depends on X.

And 1) - imagine it - you cannot use these 10 units for combination, till you have all of them on SXD, but 4) is about making SXD one unit over and over. And it is not set to stone - it was only suggestions, it can be changed any way. For example:

4) Make one unit SXD by resetting its rank X times during one game. Re-ranking another unit will reset counting.

it would make it more challenging, but again its only one of more options to change.
    Last edited by Evilbringer; 07-06-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another option (just was thinking about it) - note - X and Y can be any number:

Make X units SXD rank by resetting its rank until Y round of game on recommended difficulty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    The current requirements seem justified for a high tier gem.
    The chances actually aren't that bad. Iirc With max revisions, you should be able to get it within 10 long games. (low-med diff depending on xp, reranking to 300+).

These proposed changes will make the process too tedious. People would pretty much also have a 90-100% chance to get it if they tried. They do fit a similar theme as some of the hidden gems on KR.

Could you elaborate on what you meant by "Amateurs and Beginners with SXD"?
    Last edited by Ramonov; 07-07-2018 at 03:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramonov View Post
    The current requirements seem justified for a high tier gem.
    The chances actually aren't that bad. Iirc With max revisions, you should be able to get it within 10 long games. (low-med diff depending on xp, reranking to 300+).

These proposed changes will make the process too tedious. People would pretty much also have a 90-100% chance to get it if they tried. They do fit a similar theme as some of the hidden gems on KR.

Could you elaborate on what you meant by "Amateurs and Beginners with SXD"?
    Ofc i can elaborate it... (Well, its not so hard) - Title Beginner and Amateur.

So you want to say, i am just bit unlucky, when trying to get this gem with maxed SXD/rank revision from time i am TheOneI constantly in each game, every game spent on this around 2k-5k gas had only once XD two times in a row? And i would say i was really in more than 10 long games (i suppose you didnt meant long games, but games where you get enough gas).

In-game Mod (EU)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I proposed some months back was:
    Build a certain amount of super hidden units(TTron etc.) in a certain amount of rounds(solo mode only).

My reason for the change is (apart from obtaining condition and reward being a bit detached) is the difference between the ways people obtain the SXD gem and the other gems.

Let's take Over Upgrade gem as an example. To unlock it you need to get a higher amount of armor than usual. You can increase your odds through buying all revisions and upgrade chances, get help from someone in coop with even more upgrade chances but in the end you just play the game normally and wait for the lucky moment.

It's the same for almost all gems, Gas Bank, Double Card, Horse Master, Slow, Multi Raptor... you play as you would normally and hope for a lucky moment.

For SXD gem on the other hand you sit there for an eternity pressing x on a low cost unit.
    Combined with the reward enabling you -realistic- access to a whole new tier of hidden units this creates an unpleasant experience.

You don't play and get lucky, you endure until the weary task is finally over.
    Last edited by FVZ; 07-07-2018 at 01:12 PM.

9. Likes Divinegon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    FVZ: Yes, i think same reasons brought us here. Yours description of difference between gems is exactly reason, why is SXD requirements "broken". I dont say, that my suggestions are only way, it was just suggestions.

11. Likes Anonymous liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Care Evilbringer you are in the straight way to getting name "idiot" and "retard" for complaining on sxd gem

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points6 months registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was lucky, got my SXD Gem on my first game as the One.. yea it is random, but i hope it stays this way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast