Thread: Help with bankfiles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with bankfiles.

I have a question regarding my bankfiles.

I have located multiple folders containing bank files.

The first in the loation described in the FAQ thread: http://www.arcade.sc/threads/12496-F...estions-Thread

The second in E:/Saves&Screenshots/StarCraft II/Accounts/XXXX/2-S2-1-XXX/Banks

So I have two folders on two different drives one on "C:" and the other on "E:"
    As shown in Battle net launcher, my game is located on "E:" does that mean the bankfiles from that drive are the right ones?

Also what confuses me is that only the one on "C:" has files in it that where changed recently, when I last played LTD. Is the folder Banks/2-S2-1-3453492 the right one for LTD?
    Is there any whay I can reliably test which one is the right one?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Larosch; 02-14-2019 at 08:40 AM.

In-game Mod (EU)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The E drive is a recovery drive that lets you store files needed during an emergency recovery, like when your system is unstable. It is a partition on the main hard drive, with less available space than the local C: drive." (from https://windowsreport.com/fix-e-drive-low-disc-space/ )

Also if the files from C: changed recently it has to be them since whenever you get anything(and you get xp after every round) the bankfile needs to update to save that.

You can just play a game for a few rounds and check which bankfile was modified in that time.

3. Likes Larosch liked this post
    Current PVZ Developer

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larosch View Post
    I have a question regarding my bankfiles.

I have located multiple folders containing bank files.

Also what confuses me is that only the one on "C:" has files in it that where changed recently, when I last played LTD. Is the folder Banks/2-S2-1-3453492 the right one for LTD?
    Is there any whay I can reliably test which one is the right one?

Thanks in advance!
    A coupe of things to know here.
    1. the currently running game will be located in the directory pointed to by the Battle.net client. Go into battle.net and look at settings (under top left Blizzard brand) and then select "Game Install / Update". That will show a "Default Install Directory" for this client (usually C:\Programs\Blizzard ... but you could have customised it for anywhere). it will also show a specific directory for the Starcraft II game. see "Folder used for game play".

2. In addition to the GAME install location (as above) there is ALSO the DIFFERENT storage location for the games documents (things like Bank files and replay files). On windows this is typically C:\Users\<pcusername>\Documents\StarCraft II
    This location doesnt change unless you customise your PC's %DOCUMENTS% folder location, or use some other mechanism that you specifically implement (like folder redirects or sym links) to move it.

So ... check the battle.net client for location of the game -- but thats pretty irrelevant for bank files, etc.
    Current bank files will be in C:\Users\<pcusername>\Documents\StarCraft II unless you or somebody on you PC very deliberately did something to change that.

The files you have in E:/Saves&Screenshots are probably older files that you (or someone) copied to that location at some time in the past, or (as FVZ says above) some form of automated backup tool.

5. Likes Larosch liked this post