Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacklist.

In-game Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like

Blacklist.

Starting a thread of guys to watch out for while playing PvZ. I've run across people feeding Zealots information and straight-up map hackers.

Nothing to be done about these people (supposedly). Just trying to raise awareness of what to expect when in-game with guys like this.

Since I forgot to write it here before, you have to back up claims of maphacking, Zealots being helped, and generally unpleasant people with replays. Otherwise I don't do anything.

For reference, here's a list of warning flags that are a good indication (the closest thing you can get to 100% confirmation on maphacking) that something suspicious is going on, and you should be wary.

1. The Zealot hovering their camera over a Probe or a Probe's base without scans or Hunters. Meaning at the start of the game, when the Zealot is looking at all the occupied bases, and none of the empty ones, pretty good indication.

2. The Zealot drops scans directly on Probes or Probe Spirits. Sometimes the Zealot gets lucky, but if you're wandering between bases (or you're hiding after the Zealot's busted everyone's base and is now picking off runners), and suddenly the Zealot drops a scan directly on you while you're in a spot that no one in their right mind would think to look, something's probably up.

3. The Zealot avoids bases that are empty or have nothing of value inside it, but somehow manages to only go into bases that are occupied. Not the most convincing, but still something that's worth investigating. Naturally some of the bases (especially the smaller ones) are less desireable, hence are less likely to be occupied. But if you see the Zealot pass up several prime real estates and go straight to the only "lived in" lot on the block, definitely suspicious.

4. The Zealot manages to find everyone and everything, no matter how large the map and how small the Probe pool is. Proxy miners/automines/generators hidden in dark corners, Probes that have moved bases repeatedly due to scans/previous feeding, etc. If everything you send and hide outside your base is killed off, regardless of how far and wide everything is spread, you should check the replay, and see if the Zealot checks any other bases at all or if he just goes straight for your hidden Perfect miner at the opposite end of the map.

Notice that all this behavior is based on stuff the Zealot should not have knowledge of. If he has a Hunter, chances are they're revealing, and you can disregard the second two points. Since it is easy to let emotions get the best of you, especially if you're just coming out of a game where you got steamrolled, I'll reiterate that replays are necessary to confirm. And I strongly encourage that anyone thinking about submitting a report should examine the replay thoroughly; watch the whole match from the Zealot's point of view, to make sure there wasn't some detail that you'd missed; like that scan that you hadn't noticed when you were playing the match or the point when the Hunter pinged all the Probes' bases immediately after he died.

Associated replays: http://www.sc2gump.com/showthread.ph...cklist-Replays

Map hackers:
    IMnotNesTea
    Infested
    IIIIIIIII (Barcodes)

Zealot spies:

Generally Unpleasant People:
    IIIIIIIII (Barcodes)
    Last edited by Coast; 11-04-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Veteran Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curious how you detect maphackers? I've seen a few I've suspected but always wondered how to prove it?

Donor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdrive1000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeziel View Post
    Starting a thread of guys to watch out for while playing PvZ. I've run across people feeding Zealots information and straight-up map hackers.

Nothing to be done about these people, but they're just guys to watch out for.

Associated replays: http://www.sc2gump.com/showthread.ph...cklist-Replays

Map hackers:
    IMnotNesTea
    Infested

Zealot spies:
    ive played with Infested before hes a HUGE map hack. mother fucker was finding people as Z with no scans and straight up cloaked to ninjas and killed them with no warning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad we can't do anything about them. AFAIK it's against Bnet policy to ban players from custom maps through GetHandle() or w/e.

Donor

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of maphack, they might have a friend in the game telling someone where to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
    Too bad we can't do anything about them. AFAIK it's against Bnet policy to ban players from custom maps through GetHandle() or w/e.
    Source?

Someone has said this before but I'm sure it's not true.

In-game Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Curious how you detect maphackers? I've seen a few I've suspected but always wondered how to prove it?
    I uploaded replays of these two. If you select their specific camera, you can see them look directly at hidden bases. IMnotNesTea dropped a scan directly on a Probe Spirit that was wandering around when I was abusing a wall glitch. Infested looked at everyone's base without scanning within the first three minutes or so of the game and used the Attack Move command right next to my Probe as I was running around in a gold base.

Generally, easy way to tell is if you see a lot of scans being dropped directly on Probes or hidden bases that no Zealot in their right mind would decide to check (unless they're walking their scans - scanning bases next to each other in a row). Also if you see a Probe get chased the entire distance of the map, despite the Probe weaving in and out of bases, probably a good indication that the Zealot has some sort of vision on them.

Veteran Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the Infested replay. He would click directly on the wall itself. Not the base, the wall. He would look at bases of nothing. Extremely obvious that he was examining things in the Fog of War while moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    A player named RPGaddict is another one to look out for, I've been in a game with this player where he and his clan spam voted me until I was kicked for trying to kill the zealot and placed walls to feed zealot in center of map. Their clan tag is PvZlot. Not very serious, i know, but clan kick abuse is no fun :(
    Last edited by You; 07-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    I watched the Infested replay. He would click directly on the wall itself. Not the base, the wall. He would look at bases of nothing.
    Yeah being able to select stuff in the fog of war is typically how you prove someone is maphack.

They can also do stuff like...if the zerg creep has receeded but it's not receeded in their fog of war, without a maphack they can't build on the spot, but with a maphack they can. And vice versa--if creep has spread to a spot in your fog, if you're not maphacking it lets you queue up a building on that spot. If you are maphacking you can't queue up a building for that spot.

I'm not sure how this carries over to PvZ, but if there's a way to tell what buildings someone is right clicking on, then that would definitely catch it. Panning the camera directly over a location of pure fog of war is also a huge red flag, of course.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast