Thread: The Game

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like

The Game

Xalus bud, I know you work hard on this game...but Im going to give it to you straight as I can, don't take offense - this is just my pov from a player who really enjoys the original CHD you were working on and wants to see it grow rather than the current status of shriveling up to an old woman's vag.

1. Stop messing with mineral income based on a few pro veteran player games you watch. You unfortunately caused way more bugs and issues with players playing the game than making the game more difficult as you were hoping to. 5 rank 20s should not be losing to no mutator adept. All that really needs work is adding heros, adding talents, adding more ranks (This from what I read has been put in). The issues with reducing mineral income will mean that mob spawns will seem more powerful which will again lead to nerfing / buffing of some mobs / heros which is something you really shouldn't have to deal with at every patch. For the love of God, please stop resetting players if you can help it. Im really tired and bored of getting to rank 50-100 and dropping back to 0 because suddenly there is an impulse to do something...I swear if I hit rank 50-100 again and there is a reset for no good reason that I wont be donating to the game at all like I plan to do once you are situated and actually figure out what patches you want to be permanent because right now...I wont be donating with everything out of the way it is now.

2. Listen to some of Don's ideas, he has been sharing them with everyone who is curious about things that should go into the game and things that shouldn't he knows more about the inner workings than I ever will and I am fairly impressed by a majority of his ideas as a player of CHD.

3. Scrap items, best thing I heard you say since I actually played with items. Implement the hero stat increase per hero level - that was pretty sweet and may merit your mineral bonus decreases.

I'll end with this, worry about balancing mobs and minerals last. Just focus on getting heros / talents / skills into the game to attract more players and give old players the desire to gain more rank than they have. I appreciate your time readin this and truly hope you take it into consideration man, the game is dying with everything you're trying to change at once. Focus on 1-2 things at a time and I promise the game will grow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the mineral thing. It's used be to 75$ per rank but now you reduced it to 50$ which caused an outcry when you changed it before. This time it went through unnoticed.

I say keep we should use both items and upgrades. Item could be used to increase multiple stats and/or give you a passive and reduce item slot.

Changing Equilibrium into natural stat growth for each hero is a good idea, too. Both veterans and newbie can benefit from this. I would endure the mineral decrease if you used this method.

By nerfing everything like this you're just making it harder for new people to get in the game instead of punishing veterans (We can always find new ways to cheese)
    So don't nerf mineral income, just nerf reflect tank which is the current meta cheese game.

Exponential growth > linear boring.

I'll take it back if you manage to make items actually fun to use which was basically a flawed and boring implementation of the upgrade system.

Incorporating Don's unique hero talent ideas into the artifact system sound pretty sweet on paper but could take a lot of work though so i wouldn't cross my finger yet.

I lost the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't actually intend to reduce mineral wave bonuses in any considerable way, I just implemented a system that allows me to modify mineral per wave bonuses with one variable change instead of 30 + text message changes. I didn't actually do any calculations but that's just my bad.

Mineral bonuses per rank was something that was setting high ranks so far apart from low ranks, so that won't be coming back. I do need to do some tweaking with starting enemy scaling on some difficulties, obviously.

I'd also like to point out I didn't make any of these changes based on watching pro games. These changes were meant to lower the power gap between high ranks and low ranks not actually make the game harder.

I might add items in a limited capacity. I think it might be confusing for some people to notice the difference between items and artifacts, however.